Saturday 16th March 2019

  • 2

    Harlow Town

  • 7

    Wingate & Finchley

    Cronin (3), Mendy (2), Beckles, Cole

Bostik League Premier

Wingate & Finchley went rampant on Harlow Town - with Sean Cronin stealing the headlines at the McCullochs Arena - as they hit a super seven in what turned out to be a 7-2 victory in the deemed, Bostik League 'six-pointer' clash at the foot of the table.

Within five minutes, Charlie Ruff sent Anthony Mendy down the right who picked out Tanasheh Abrahams, yet his shot was sent wide via Drew Richardson.

From the following corner, Ruff floated one to the back-post for skipper, Cronin to loop a header back across for the opener on seven minutes.

Ten minutes proceeded when Cronin lined up a free-kick from afar, which sailed past Marcin Brzozowski with menace for his brace.

Like London busses, another two came within the space of two minutes. First, Abrahams sent Mendy away who rounded Brzozowski, prior to placing in on 19 minutes.

With 21 minutes gone, it was four. Tommy Tejan-Sie majestically worked his way through whose shot went under Brzozowski and - was on its way in - before Mendy capitalised for his brace.

Two minutes on at the other end, Reece Price-Placid squared across the face of goal, but evaded an end product.

Tejan-Sie floated a deep cross towards Mendy, who skimmed a header just wide reaching the half hour.

Two minutes on and it was five. Reece Beckles-Richards latched onto Donovan Makoma's pass over the top, before curling with pin-point precision across goal.

Reaching 45 minutes, Alieu Njie was adjudged to have brought down Matthew Foy inside the area, who from the spot hit one back.

Leading into the break, Foy forced Shane Gore into action, before Njie cleared off the line.

Three minutes into the restart, Ruff's initial strike was blocked, who squared to Abrahams to fire over from outside the box.

On 52 minutes, Ruff's inside right free-kick was tipped onto the upright.

Tom Hitchcock headed goalwards five minutes later, which Gore held onto in windy conditions.

The Hawks were hit for six on 67 minutes. Beckles-Richards' right byline cross saw Charlie Cole head home at the back-post.

The hosts pulled another one back through Emile Aqcuah firing inside the near-post, two minutes on.

Gore denied Hitchcock's left-footer from close, with 76 minutes played.

With three minutes left, Cronin had the final say. Another free-kick, from a similar range to his second goal, found the bottom left corner via a slight deflection for his hat-trick.

Report by Khalid Karimullah


  1. Gore
  2. Williams
  3. Eadie
  4. Makoma
  5. Cronin
  6. 40

  7. Rifat
  8. 86

  9. Ruff
  10. Tejan-Sie
  11. Beckles
  12. 36

  13. Mendy
  14. Abrahams



  1. Stewart
  2. Rapai
  3. Laney
  4. 40

  5. NJie
  6. 36

  7. Cole




Brett Grant